Tuesday, July 04, 2006

92 degrees outside

assalaamu alaikum

so my fam and i have been in in the midst of a battle of temperatures. here is the situation. it is summer time, and naturally, the weather is getting hotter and hotter. as most people would, my family turns on the air conditioning, and like the house very cool. but me, i'm warm blooded or something. i prefer summer over winter all year long. i'll get cold quick, but i'm usually the guy that says, "what? its not hot out here!" when people start complaining about the heat. i would rather be hot than cold. i think usually, its the other way around for people, well desis at least. which is weird, cuz isn't pakistan hot as a mess?

but anyways, that's why when i'm in the house alone, or when the air conditioning is on blast and it's like a freezer in the house, i'll go and turn the AC off, or set it to like 85 degrees, open up all the windows, and have fans running throughout for circulation. that's the ideal setting for me; fresh, real summer air, fans running. i love it. then my sister will come home and start complaining about how hot it is, and will turn the AC on and set it down to like 65 degrees, ready to have icicles form on our ceiling and what not, so i'll just wait till they walk out the room and turn the AC back off. it's like that constantly. when its confrontation time, i'll just bust out the "i'm saving us energy AND money, BUDDY!" argument. they can't say much to that, and near the end, i'll quickly throw in the, "what would you do if we didn't have AC, huh?"

and no it's not cruel, cuz during the winter, they use the same argument to leave the house below freezing, while i defrost my hoodies over a fire in my room.

3 comments:

Rhythmic Explosion said...

haha.

I have similar situations. In the hot summer heat I end up wearing layers even in the house and I'm called an insane maniac for doing so in supposedly hot weather. I just say "what you gonna do in Al-Akhirah then?"

All the seasons rock in one way or another. :D subhanallah.

I'm freezin'cold right now.

Nomad said...

you pagal baba


to be warm blooded would mean like you prefer cold over warm, right? o_O

ShakirSahab said...

technically all humans are warm blooded.

i meant more like, hot blooded. but vhatewer.